5.10.2012

it's the little things



This is an off-topic personal-life post.  

I haven't been sleeping well lately.  Whether it's work stress or our aging mattress or some hidden malady, I don't know.  The point is that it's made me groggy and grouchy for the past few days. 

When I got home yesterday, predictably grumbly, not only had Mr. Geek prepared a delicious dinner, but afterward I was shooed off upstairs to soak in a hot bathtub for an hour and then go to bed early. 

Thank you, baby.  That was just what I needed. 

Sure, the evening could have been spent on doing little household chores or 'catching up' on various things on our Netflix queue.  I'm sure his preference would have been for us to spend it on video games.  But instead, I got to spend my tiny amount of time at home on luxuriously pure relaxation and rejuvenation.  I feel nearly human for the first time in a week. 

It's the little things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment