1.03.2012

resolutions


resolute, adj.: Admirably purposeful, determined, and unwavering.

resolution, n.: A firm decision to do or not to do something.

Like everyone else on the planet, I've been thinking about this whole 'resolution' concept that goes along with buying a new calendar and remembering to increment the year when dating things (surely I'm not the only one who will keep accidentally writing 2011 until at least February, yes?).  The most traditional resolutions are things like getting in shape, eating better, spending less, losing weight, and being a better person.  While these things are certainly admirable and are helpful long-term notions, the thought of measuring one's ability to 'achieve' such vague goals come the next calendar-buying-season is less than appealing.  Besides, that sort of thing belongs on my 'long-term goals' page, not in a format that is intended to be achieved in only a year.

I really like the method that Erin over at unclutterer.com has used in the past, wherein she makes a new goal at the beginning of each month.  Rather than long-term lofty goals, these are achievable things, and the format allows focusing on only one thing at a time.  I would like to give this a try, and so this is officially my first resolution post.

My personal rules:

  • Each goal musts be measurable and definite. 
  • This blog gets to know how each one goes.
  • Each goal should improve my finances, household organization, happiness, sanity, effectiveness, or health. 
  • Failing is not the end of the world.  Progress is good.  


I've been remarkably lax in updating this medium, and so for January my goal is to write at least two blog posts on any topics every week.  Counting this one, that means I will have at least eight new posts for the month of January.  Here goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment